Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Layout Sources

The blog title came first.Don't ask me why I came up with it, because even I don't know.Maybe, because of the eerie and mysterious aura that constantly surrounds it.Yup, that's the one I'm talking about.You'll get the effect if you'll say it in your head in the deep voice of that creepy old guy who stays next door to you.Yeah,just like that.

OK,that's enough.Spine-chilling,eh?That's what I thought too.

The pic came later,though.It's a
1942 painting by Edward Hopper that portrays people sitting in a downtown diner late at night.It's name is 'Nighthawks',probably the painter's take on the term 'night owl' ,used to describe someone who stays up late.Apparently,he began painting it immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor.I got all of that from Google.

Anyways,I liked the painting and it's really awesome.The entire
eerie glow caused by the light spilling out on the pavement,the shadows,the positioning of the customers,the splendid use of the colours,the bartender,his awesome hat,those two kegs probably filled with........

Sorry I tend to drift away from the topic sometimes.I seem to be doing that a lot lately.I don't know if it actually is a psychological problem or not.Maybe,I should visit my shrink again......

Anyways,it took me a lot of time to find this pic and I liked it the moment I saw it.It kinda fits the bill,doesn't it?What do yeh think?

1 comment:

  1. I must say...Its a damn cool picture...Makes the whole appearence so profound...Okay so great pic, great background, great theme...but I think its high time you get ready to bring out the more interesting stuff...

    ReplyDelete